For the benefit of all passengers, we suggest you come in advance for your security check. The security clearance for a passenger during normal hours needs about 3-5 minutes. However, it could take about 15-20 minutes during peak hours (mornings).
Here are some tips to help you enjoy a hassle-free and easy check-in at BIA:
- Please carry your boarding pass for the security check.
- The boarding pass should have relevant identification with name, flight number, and date of journey.
- Secure the baggage tags to your hand baggage and get them stamped along with your boarding pass after going through the pre-embarkation security check.
Domestic Departures: Procedures And Services
As your trusted travel hub, we at Kazi Nazrul Islam Airport Durgapur extend multiple check-in options & web check-in, tele check-in, common user self-service kiosks, and check-in counters of respective airlines. If you have opted for web and tele check-in services, ensure your boarding pass has a seal from the appropriate airline counter to avoid any inconvenience. Once this is done, you can proceed to the first floor for the domestic pre-embarkation security check. After completing this, please proceed to the indicated gate for boarding. Our Flight Information Display Systems installed at accessible points will guide you with flight details.
We advise all our departure passengers to read the approximate time taken for this procedure at Kazi Nazrul Islam Airport Durgapur:
- Departure Gate to check-in counters: 2 to 10 minutes
- Check-in counters to pre-embarkation: 5 minutes
- Security check: 7-10 minutes
As a safety measure, we have stringent departure guidelines and request you to adhere to them. This will help us serve you more efficiently and quickly.
- Passengers will not be allowed to exit once they have entered the terminal for departure.
- Passengers must report at least 45 minutes prior to departure at their check-in counters.
- Passengers are not allowed to carry liquor in their hand baggage.
- Liquids,Aerosol and Gel(LAG) weighing more than 100 ml are not allowed in hand baggage.
According to regulations for all airlines flying within India, passengers are allowed only one piece of hand baggage not weighing more than 7 kilos. However, items purchased by passengers at any of the airport stores post security check, is allowed on board without any restrictions. The policy for check-in baggage is as per destination and weight specifications given by the particular airline. If you need assistance at any point, contact the airport personnel on duty. Or approach our Information Desk located in the Arrival Hall, which provides round-the-clock service to address all passenger queries.
Providing for safe travel
Just like our quality and efficiency parameters, our safety standards too are high. We understand that airports and airlines the world over have become keen targets of threats. Add to this the increasing volume of air traffic, and maintaining a high-level of security becomes essential.
At Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru, we have adopted effective and consistent measures to create a secure environment both at the airport and during the flight. While making air travel easy and comfortable, we take great care to ensure it's also safe.
Our anti-hijacking and anti-sabotage measures are mandated by the National Civil Aviation Security Programme. The guidelines are issued by the appropriate authority for civil aviation security in India.
Our baggage security processes are quick and easy to comply with. To make sure your travel is hassle-free, we have the following measures in place.
For Hold Baggage
The airport has installed a state-of-the-art 5 level in-line screening system for screening of registered baggage in which forbidden/ restricted items are effectively detected.
For Cabin Baggage
Our process for screening cabin/ hand baggage is mandated as per the requirements of National Civil Aviation Security Programme and the appropriate authority for civil aviation security in India.
Prohibited items: a few tips
- Effective 17th Jan 2012 as per Ministry of Agriculture Government of India, carriage of soya beans, chickpeas and safflower seeds to U.S.A is prohibited.
- Only limited quantities (not more than 100 ml) of liquids, aerosols, and gels (LAGs), is permitted on the aircraft.
- Sharp items cannot be carried in the hand baggage. Sharp items such as metallic, replica weapons and those having the potential to cause interference with Civil Aviation Operation are not permitted on the aircraft. Such items can be confiscated by the authorities.
- Please cooperate with our staff, especially for baggage checking and frisking.
What role do passengers, business associates, and staff play in ensuring safety?
Our security measures have been created to ensure the safety of all passengers, business associates, and staff members. We request all our stakeholders to understand, adhere to, and cooperate as required by the civil aviation security norms
As a passenger, you play a vital role in ensuring that the airport is free from any threat. To help counter the increased threats of terrorism, please bring to our attention any unclaimed or unidentified baggage or suspicious person or activity. Report such a situation immediately to our CISF Control Room and our Terminal Manager.
Please note that Airport Authorities have the right to control and take action against unruly passengers. Unruly behavior may be classified as one or more of the following:
- Unruly behavior arising from Illegal consumption of narcotics and/or alcohol
- Refusal to comply with Safety Rules and Standards
- Verbal and/or Physical confrontation with any Airport Official
- Making threats of any kind to any Airport Official
- Sexual Abuse or Harassment
- Any other riotous behavior